Friday, February 6, 2009

Quote For The Day: By Sir Winston Churchill


"A Pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; An Optimist sees the Opportunity in every difficulty."-- Sir Winston Churchill


This Year is My year to reprogram my way of thinking (to a certain extent).


We all have to endure a great deal of difficulties and challenges as we navigate through this journey called life. Unfortunately some situations can just seem as if they are way to much to bare. Everyone has methods as to how they will handle adversity. For me, I usually complain, stress out, worry, eat, and stay to myself, but instead I will take the advice of Winston Churchill and be optimistic about the unexpected trials, stumbles, and falls that life may toss in my path. We all are familiar with the term "Life Is Short" and "it" truly is. The Fact is "Life moves very fast". It seems as though it were just yesterday when i was celebrating my 18th and 21st birthdays, but those days are far behind. So, I will do my best to enjoy each and everyday. It is truly a choice to allow certain our circumstances to dictate our mood. Therefore I am choosing to be Optimistic and Stress Free... Thanks to the Shared wisdom of Winston Churchill :-)


A Little About Winston...Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill, KG, OM, CH, TD, FRS, PC (Can) (30 November 1874[1] – 24 January 1965) was a British politician known chiefly for his leadership of the United Kingdom during World War II. He served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945 and again from 1951 to 1955. A noted statesman and orator, Churchill was also an officer in the British Army, a historian, a Nobel Prize-winning writer, and an artist.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My quote for the day:

    "The best way to get over 1 guy is to get underneath another..."

    That's the playful advice my mom gave me in terms of dealing with a break-up! Thought I'd send something funny your way.

    It's easy to focus on all the issues that we have in life, but who wants to wake up 5 years down the road miserable about the same things that wreaked havoc on their minds 5 years before? I agree with you...think of all the great things you have going for yourself but be realistic about the crappy stuff. The best way to change what you don't like is to just do it.

    I'm glad to say I put down a slice of pizza and ate a salad. lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol....lol...so true...I agree with you on all of those points..lol

    and I will trade in my coffee for a green tea :D I have to baby step..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm...makes me want to go and grab some Starbucks. I can't think of a better way blow $3.90! I get a tall (I'v downgraded from Venti) white chocolate mocha...extra whip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am usually getting the venti Mocha extra whip and chocolate... that's my entire day of calories..lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's right girl. Live it fancy free, with some rules to keep you in line! But, balance is a wonderful thing. Good friends, family, prayer and some hobbies that make you happy and serve as stress relievers. Stay stress free...it will save heart attacks and shear unhappiness. Have a fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete